Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Velvet Elvis in the Delta


Good morning from the Comfort Inn in Cleveland, MS.   I'm in the reception area while what seems to be a rather sizable Vacation Bible School push has its mission control center.   Most of the men have already left, but the women are chatting over their continental breakfast.   

Welcome to Tennessee!
Elvis hasn't left the building yet though; he's with me.   Thanks to a dear friend, we own an understated velvet Elvis who usually hangs out in our kitchen next to the fridge.   This week he hit the road with us and is currently enjoying seeing the Delta again.   The other teachers encouraged me to bring him to class, so here he is.   I have a pair of Elvis sunglasses that I picked up at Loretta Lynn's Camp Kitchen in case folks want to "dress up" for a photo with Elvis.

On the way here, we stopped in Murfreesboro to spend the night and visit with one of my best girlfriends from high school and college.   We also got to meet her new husband and place Elvis in various locations in their backyard.   Thank goodness for patient friends.


Elvis is in the hammock.
Elvis is in the swing with my long-suffering boyfriend.


Elvis is serenading Lori.

The guest pillowcase and grandma-made quilt in Murfreesboro.

Loretta Lynn dolls available for purchase at the Camp Kitchen.

Our days are packed full here at The Most Southern Place on Earth, but I hope to get caught back up with you soon.   I hope that you are also enjoying your summer and learning a new trick or three.

No comments:

Post a Comment