Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot and Blue

Little kitties. (Punky the Runt)
Slightly larger kitties.


Baby the watchcat.

Ohmygoodnessitishot.   I bet you know what I'm talking about.   We're trying to tie up loose ends around here with the house, lawn and garden.   The almost-new heating element on my dryer has stopped working, but we don't really need it right now.   There's sun tea brewing outside the kitchen door.   I've impatiently picked a few of our black cherry tomatoes early.   Our neighbor's kitties have been checked out by the vet, and I pick up the runt of the litter tonight.   Locally roasted coffee beans are on the way to share with folks at Delta State.   My parents have been given the official caretakers' instructions.

I'm trying to re-read some of the required materials that I read months ago at the laundromat, back when the dryer wasn't working last time.   I'm also trying to add in extra reading and watching to prepare for the coursework.   Last night we enjoyed the documentary "M for Mississippi. "



 I'm looking forward to hearing Bill Abel tell us all about the blues.   You can see him right here.




Y'all, I don't know how I'm going to survive the Delta heat without wearing a headscarf every day.   I am going to be a fashion don't from sun up to sun down.   I'll be wearing a bathtub or hotel pool in the evening.   Don't worry...I won't mention your name while I'm a hot mess.

Albuquerque Stuart on mandolin, Bill Abel and Memphis Clint on guitar.
Mr. Abel seemed to enjoy playing with our teacher participants. (Davis 7/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment