Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An American Idol from Clarkesdale, MS?

American Idol is on the road again.   This time there will be a stop in Clarkesdale, MS.
Truth be told, that show makes me nervous, 
but I hope to tune in to see some of the local Delta talent.
If you want to check out the Small Town Bus Tour, AI says that they will update their website as more information becomes available, so get your number ready.

I'm already enjoying a mental time machine trip and imagining a young Ike or Sam 
playing for a chance at the big times.
WWMD?
What would Mariah do?   Would she send those guys to the next round?

Way back when, if you were an African American musician looking for a place to stay the night in Clarkesdale, the Riverside Motel was the place to be.   
There are still rooms for rent today.
Here are some other great deals at The Shack Up Inn.

If you have more cash to throw at your chance at fame, 
you could consider the Delta Cotton Company Apartments or 

Good luck!




In the meantime, I'm hoping to get my hands on a copy of We Juke Up in Here, so I can spend some time in Red's Lounge to tide me over.














No comments:

Post a Comment