Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Road Trip Fantasy

Yesterday my official member of the AAA bumper sticker came in the mail.  Add that to last week's tune up with new spark plugs, an oil change and a new air filter and I was feeling pretty good about my mode of transpo getting me to the Delta and back.

And then I saw it.   I saw the Twisted Sisters Cupcake van.   I'm a staunch supporter of cupcakery in general, but I just dropped three pounds...according to the nurse who weighed me for my physical last week.   Believe me, the weight loss was through no fault of my own.   Even so, it was good news.   But speaking of good news, did I mention the cupcake van?

I went on about my business in TJ Maxx while the van sat plump as anything in the nearby Kohl's parking lot.   Sun hats were tried on.   Sunglasses were bypassed.   Ice cube trays that froze water in the shape of feet were pondered.   A cabin sized rolling suitcase and a bamboo charcoal air defunker for the truck were purchased.   And in that time I was able to convince myself that the universe, karma, fate, destiny and the tiny baby Jesus all conspired to send that fresh baked goodness to coincide with my shopping excursion.   What other explanation could there be?

I'll have a cherry lime-aid and a chocolate chocolate, please.   And a cupcake filled van to drive to the Delta.   I promise to share.   I took a mental road trip and imagined all of the joy that I could bring to Mississippi and back, provided I had such a fine machine in which to visit.    Earth, Wind and Fire playing on the sound system.   Summer breeze blowing through the jasmine of my mind.

To my credit, both of those cupcakes made it home and were immediately split to share with my boyfriend.   There's something joyful about eating someone else's cooking and not having to wash a single dish.   Where will the van stop next?   Find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment